A 10 minute brisk walk every day can make you fitter. Read more
- Winter health
- Bradford's healthy hearts
- Self-care and prevention
- Mental health
- Summer health
- Women's health
- Maternal health
- Children's health
- Men's health
- Information about the Zika virus
Periods last around three to seven days. The average menstrual cycle lasts for 28 days although it can be normal to have a cycle that is anywhere between 24 and 35 days.
If your cycle does change, it is usually nothing to be worried about, but it is worth going to get checked.
There is lots of information about periods and what to expect on the NHS Choices website, including:
- advice on if you have missed a period
- bleeding between periods or after sex
- sudden period changes
- heavy periods
- bleeding after the menopause
- changes to vaginal discharge.