A 10 minute brisk walk every day can make you fitter. Read more
- Winter health
- Bradford's healthy hearts
- Self-care and prevention
- Mental health
- Summer health
- Women's health
- Maternal health
- Children's health
- Men's health
- Information about the Zika virus
Dementia can affect people at any age but it is most common in older people over the age of 65. As people continue to live longer lives, being dementia aware is ever more important.
The Bradford and Airedale dementia strategy, 2015-2020 aims to reduce the impact of dementia and help improve care for those with the illness. The five key aims of the strategy are:
- to keep people with dementia in their homes for as long as possible
- increase the focus on dementia in care homes
- increase awareness of prevention of dementia through healthy lifestyles
- enable the provision of high quality end of life care for people with dementia
- enable people to live well with dementia.
The video below from Alzheimer's Weekly, is a quick and easy to understand explaination of dementia.