Do you know someone amazing who has made a difference to health services in Bradford? If so, nominate them for the Pati... Read more
- Bradford beating diabetes
- Bradford's healthy hearts
- Self-care and prevention
- Mental health
- Women's health
- Maternal health
- Children's health
- Men's health
- Information about the Zika virus
Bradford Beating Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is the biggest threat to health in the country and a major health issue in Bradford. The Bradford Beating Diabetes (BBD) campaign is designed to make the public aware, active and healthy to reduce the number of people diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in Bradford.
The campaign was originally set up by Bradford City CCG and is also now running in Bradford Districts CCG.
Many people do not know that they have diabetes. Type 2 diabetes can cause blindness, kidney failure, heart disease, stroke and can lead to premature death. It is important that you recognise the signs and know how to lower your risk of developing it.
Bradford Beating Diabetes:
- identifies everyone in Bradford who is at risk of developing Type 2 diabetes
- makes sure people who are high risk receive the appropriate advice, care and support to support or delay the onset of diabetes
- helps those who already have diabetes manage their condition and prevent serious complications.
Bradford Beating Diabetes also supports people to:
- be aware…know how to reduce your risk of diabetes
- be active…achieve a good level of physical activity
- be healthy…watch what you eat and what you weigh
- be in control…make choices and take action to reduce your risk.