Award winners celebrated at CCG annual meetings
People who are making a real difference to the health and wellbeing of Bradford patients have been celebrated at a local NHS awards ceremony.
NHS Bradford City and NHS Bradford Districts clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) wanted to recognise and celebrate the achievements of NHS staff, GP practice members, volunteers and partners.
The award categories were especially focused on those roles that can often go unnoticed.
Ruby Bhatti, lay member for governance at Bradford City CCG, said: “This was our second awards ceremony and we were really proud to mark the achievements of some of the people who make a difference every day, whether by being a volunteer, promoting good causes and better health in GP practices or an all-round community champion.”
The awards formed an important part of the CCGs’ annual general meetings (AGMs) which were held at the end of September and attended by audiences of public, patients, partners, volunteers, membership and staff.
The AGMs were a chance for the CCGs to report back on their third year in business, highlight achievements in improving the quality of services for local people, and address some of the future challenges facing the NHS both locally and nationally.
Richard Wilkinson, Bradford Districts CCG’s lay member for governance, added: “The awards are a key part of our commitment to celebrating the success of individuals and teams, and recognising best practice across the CCG. Many staff, patients and volunteers go the extra mile, and this is our way of saying thank-you to them.”
The winners for Bradford City CCG are:
- Practice volunteer: Farhana Younis, Valley View Surgery
- Practice engagement lead: Razia Bibi, Moor Park Medical Practice
- CCG community partner: Barnardo’s
- Practice staff member: Rizwana Shaheen, Clarendon Medical Centre
- Patient group: Grange Medical Practice
- Outstanding practice: Bevan Healthcare
- CCG achievement awards: Nigel Bull, Kensington Street Partnership; Peel Park Surgery; Soobia Akhtar, healthcare assistant at Kensington Street Partnership.
CCG community partner award winners: Barnardo's
The winners for Bradford Districts CCG are:
- Practice volunteer: Thornton Practice health champions
- CCG community partner: The Sanctuary
- Practice staff member: Horton Bank Practice
- Patient group: CVD clinical champions at Moorside Surgery
- Outstanding practice: Windhill Green Medical Practice
- CCG achievement awards: The Ridge Practice champions; Pam Rawal, Westcliffe Group practices, Sasha Bhat, head of patient engagement and experience.
Outstanding practice award winners: Windhill Green Medical Practice
The full annual reports and summary versions are available on the CCG websites. To view the Bradford City CCG annual report and summary, click here. To view the Bradford Districts CCG annual report and summary, click here.