Bowel cancer is the 2nd biggest cancer killer in the UK, and the test can spot early signs of the disease. Read more
Give us your views - consultations
On this page you can find information about all our current consultations. To view the details of previous consultations, please click here.
The future of family doctor (GP services) in Manningham
We are thinking about how best to provide family doctor (GP services) in Manningham and want to hear your views. We are doing this now because contracts for the following three GP practices come to an end on 30 November 2017:
- Picton at Whetley Medical Centre
- Picton at Westbourne Green Community Health Centre (previously The Ridge)
- Local Care Direct (LCD) at Manningham Health Centre
A letter has been sent to all addresses for patients registered with either of the above GP practices. You can read this letter here.
We would like to hear your views about:
- What improvements do you think need to be made to family doctor services in the Manningham area?
- Are there any medical services that you would like to be provided locally that aren't available at the moment?
- Where is the best place (or places) to provide family doctor services for people in the Manningham area?
- Is Manningham Health Centre a good place for you to see your doctor?
How to give us your views:
You can give us your views in a number of different ways:
- By coming to one of the drop-in sessions:
- Wednesday 15 March 2017, 5.00 pm – 6.30 pm, Carlisle Business Centre, 60 Carlisle Road, Bradford BD8 8BD
- Thursday 16 March 2017, 10.30 am – 12 noon and Tuesday 21 March 2017, 2.00 pm – 3.30 pm Picton at Sai, Westbourne Green Community Health Centre, 50 Heaton Road, Bradford BD8 8RA
- Friday 24 March 2017, 9.30 am – 11 am and Wednesday 29 March 2017, 3.00 pm – 4.30 pm Picton at Whetley, Whetley Medical Centre, 2 Saplin Street, Bradford BD8 9DW
- Filling in the form at the end of the consultation letter and returning it to the FREEPOST address shown on
page 8, or
- Completing the online survey, or
- Emailing us at: email@example.com
Please tell us your views no later than 24 May 2017.
The future of stroke services in West Yorkshire
Across West Yorkshire and Harrogate, health and care services are working together to ensure stroke services are fit for the future.
Before decisions are made, Healthwatch Bradford and District have been asked to find out what people think about the services that are currently provided and what would be important to them now and in the future should they have a stroke, or care for someone who has.
This covers the whole stroke pathway from prevention, the first 72 hrs of care, through to rehabilitation and community support.
In Bradford and Airedale, previous engagement was carried out when changes were made to local stroke services in 2015/16. So to avoid asking people the same questions again, we're building on the engagement that's already taken place. You can read about the previous engagement here.
Healthwatch have been doing some in-depth interviews with people who've had recent experience of stroke. We've been talking with patients and carers identified through liaison with stroke rehabilitation wards at local hospitals and community stroke services. This work will contribute to the overall report for West Yorkshire and help shape the future of services across the region.
People in the Bradford District and Airedale can also share their views on the future of regional stroke services by taking part in the online survey - https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/WYStrokeServices
You can also contact the Healthwatch team on 01535 665 258 if you need any support completing the survey or have any questions.