1 in 2 people in the UK will develop cancer in their lifetime. Read more
- It's your NHS, don't waste it
- Governing body papers and meeting dates
- Primary care commissioning committee papers and meeting dates
- What we've been doing in 2015/16
- Our publications
- Policies and procedures
- Publication scheme
- QIPP programme
- Jargon buster
It's your NHS, don't waste it
We’re making your local NHS work better for you. To do it, we need your help because #ItsOurNHS.
Why are you making changes?
Your NHS is facing a massive financial challenge. Nationally, your NHS needs to save £22bn by 2020/21. This year, 2016/17, NHS Bradford City and NHS Bradford Districts clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) need to save £13m.
To make savings we need to work together. There are no additional resources available, savings need to be made now so that we can meet increasing demand and ensure that local services continue to meet your needs.
We are looking at how to be more innovative, more productive and help you use your NHS resources better whilst making sure services are still of the highest quality.
How can I get involved?
To make sure you get the most out of every NHS pound spent in Bradford, we're asking you to take more control of your health and change the way you use some of your NHS services. Some things that we need you to do are:
- take the medicines you are given - the most expensive medicines are the ones not taken. 50% of medicines are not taken as directed within 10 days of being prescribed.
- not asking for medicines you don't need - check what you've got at home first. Your NHS can't reuse medicines once they have been given out.
- use your NHS to the best - sometimes your GP isn't the best person to see, you can see your pharmacist, quickly without an appointment.
- buy some medicines from shops instead - it's cheaper to buy medicines for short term, minor illnesses, from your supermarket or pharmacy.
What are you doing?
We will be looking at your whole patient journey and seeing how we can transform your services to give you a better experience. We are also looking at how we can innovate, be more productive, prevent your NHS resources being used inappropriately and ensure your services are high quality.
This is all part of our response to the national Quality, Innovation, Productivity and Prevention (QIPP) programme, which is all about ensuring that we are providing real value for money by making every journey you have with your NHS count.