Our clinical board
The clinical board meets on a weekly basis except when there are governing body meetings or governing body/clinical board development events.
The board is accountable to the council of members and has responsibility for:
- leading the development and implementation of our vision and strategy;
- reviewing and influencing service redesign to ensure pathways of care and commissioned services meet the needs of the population;
- supporting localities/practices in the work of the CCG and engagement with the local population
- overseeing the commissioning process.
Membership of the board includes six elected GPs, the chief officer, chief financial officer, director of quality, director of strategy and a representative of the local authority’s public health team.
- Dr Waheed Hussain, GP member
- Dr Akram Khan, chair
- Dr Aamer Khan, GP member
- Dr Sohail Abbas, GP member
- Dr Raf Rashid, GP member
- Helen Hirst, accountable officer
- Toni Williams, public health consultant
- Liz Allen, director of strategy
- Michelle Turner, director of quality
- Julie Lawreniuk, chief finance officer and deputy chief officer
- Dr Anne Connolly, GP member
- Dr Sarah Muckle, public health