How we are held to account
Accountability to our members
We are a membership organisation and are accountable to our member GP practices. There are a number of ways in which we demonstrate accountability to our members, local people and wider stakeholders.
These include (but are not limited to):
- publishing our constitution,
- appointing independent lay members and non-GP clinicians to our governing body and holding governing body meetings in public (unless the meeting is not in the public interest),
- publishing an annual commissioning plan,
- complying with local authority health overview and scrutiny requirements,
- meeting annually in public to publish and present our annual report,
- producing annual accounts,
- having a published and clear concerns and complaints process,
- having a published conflicts of interest policy.