NHS Bradford City Clinical Commissioning Group – known as a CCG – plans, buys and monitors local health services.
Launched in April 2013, we are part of an NHS plan to give local doctors and the people of Bradford more say in organising their own healthcare.
Our members are 27 GP practices that serve the local population. We plan and buy services like:
- planned hospital care
- rehabilitation services (such as physiotherapy and occupational therapy)
- most community services (district nursing services, for example)
- urgent and emergency care, including A&E, ambulances and GP out-of-hours services
- mental health services
- maternity services
- continuing healthcare (a package of care provided outside hospital for people with ongoing health needs)
- GP primary care services (on 1 April 2015 NHS England granted us full delegated responsibility for commissioning these services).
We work closely with other CCGs across the Bradford district, as well as Bradford Council, NHS England and the public.
We bring together healthcare professionals, local communities and managers so patients have more control of their own care; to provide greater focus on healthcare and quality; to increase the involvement doctors and nurses have in the care of services delivered; and to improve the health and experiences of local people.
You can read more about how CCGs fit into the wider NHS on the NHS England website or watch the video below - an alternative guide to the NHS in England.
Our vision is - reducing health inequalities. To achieve this vision our key priorities are:
- maternal and child health
- improving patient experience
- mental health
We are also focussing on self-care and prevention; out-of-hospital care; planned hospital care; and urgent and emergency care.
Our strategic plan will tell you more about who we are, as well as about our vision, mission and values. It also sets out how we plan to deliver our strategy.
You can read more about by whom, and how, we are governed by clicking on the links opposite, or by reading our constitution.